- Panasonic 46-inch 1080p TH-46PZ85U Viera is priced approx $1200
- In this model Panasonic significantly improved picture contrast and color saturation compare to its previous models.
- A curved dark mirror-finish stereo speaker bar centered below the screen (and containing two 10W speakers) offers a pleasing contrast. Broadcast and disc-based materials sounded good, with no distortion (or internal rattle) at maximum volume levels, and the speakers' bass response reproduced lower frequencies better than most HDTVs.
- A code list provided in the manual allows to be programmed to control VCR, DBS (satellite), cable, and DVD player hardware. The remote's responsiveness with the TV was very good from wide angles and at distances exceeding 20 feet.
- HD-compatible inputs include two HDMI, two component, VGA, and an RF input that feeds a NTSC/Clear QAM/ATSC tuner. A set of right-side-mounted ports adds another HDMI port and an additional set of analog inputs. A small door on the TV's left side conceals on-display controls and an SD card slot.
- The 46-inch screen features native 1080p resolution. When displaying 1080i/p video material.
- The TH-46PZ85U's HDMI ports are compatible with 1080p60 and 1080p24 input, and component video input supports formats up to 1080i.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Posted by blogbuddy at 9:32 PM